© 2017 Wolfgang Bitterolf
...a blog about the lighter side of wine...
March 15, 2017
The joys and frustrations of shopping for wine
- You go to a wine store.
- You are overwhelmed by the selection of thousands of different wines from hundreds of regions.
- You take a deep breath.
- You check your Vivino or your notes (or your memory if you still have a good one) to help you recall the wines you liked.
- You look for them.
- You finally find one wine you know you like.
- You get a few bottles of it.
- You look for others and then give up because the wines you like are no longer available, have a different vintage, or are available only in varietals you don't like.
- You look around to see if there is anything you recognize. I mean anything.
- You finally decide to focus on countries or regions or varietals or vintners you think you know a little about.
- You pick up a few random bottles of wines you've never seen before.
- You take them home to try.
- You find out that there are some you really like and others you like less.
- You take note of the wines you liked and decide to get some more.
- Return to step 1.
Click here to leave a comment.